Sed vehicula tortor quam, quis vehicula neque commodo eget.
Our skilled team at Burgess & Hyder can perform a high-quality bridge designed to fix an artificial tooth in place with the support of the neighbouring natural teeth.
A Permanent Replacement Solution For Missing Teeth
What Are Bridges?
A bridge is a treatment option for missing teeth that involves fixing replacement teeth to the surrounding natural teeth in order to hold them in place. Crowns will be placed on the anchoring natural teeth and then an artificial tooth secured between them.
If you’re missing one or more teeth, a bridge can help to restore your smile and confidence. It can also assist with chewing, speaking, biting and your overall face structure.
There are three main types of dental bridge:
Why Choose Bridges?
Bridges have a number of advantages in that they are long-lasting, very small and easy to look after. They are also comfortable for chewing and assist in redistributing bite force in the mouth.
Bridges Procedures at Burgess & Hyder Dental Group
At Burgess & Hyder Dental Group, bridges are provided as an NHS service and usually require two appointments. Here’s what is involved:
- First, the neighbouring teeth will be prepared and filed down.
- Following this, the dentist will take an impression of the tooth in order to ensure the sizing and model is identical.
- They then may provide you with a temporary bridge while the permanent one is created. This can take approximately two weeks.
- Finally, you will come into the clinic for the fitting of your permanent bridge, which will be attached into place once you and the dentist are happy and comfortable with the positioning.
How to Care for Your Bridge
A bridge typically lasts for about ten years and the following steps can help to ensure its long-term success:
- Maintain good daily hygiene practices, which includes brushing and flossing teeth twice every day and cleaning under the false tooth.
- Contact us if your bridge becomes chipped or loose.
- Visit your dentist regularly for exams and cleaning.